NOTIFICATION: These notes are published for educational purposes. Using these notes is under your own responsibility and risk. These notes are given ‘as is’. I do not take responsibilities for how you use them.
- File system
- Data blocks
- UNIX i-node structure
- Symbolic links
- Disk free space (block) management
- File system cache
- Data structure for file system cache
- Performance impact of i-node placement
- Log-structured File System (LFS)
- Input/Output sub-system
- Memory-mapped I/O
- Direct memory access (DMA)
- Interrupts revised
© 2012, Alejandro G. Carlstein Ramos Mejia. All rights reserved.